Monday, July 19, 2010
What's The Difference?
Now look at the next set of pictures. Can you tell me what the difference is?
What do you think is the difference? One set of photos show filthy houses. The next set of photos show clean houses. I particularly chose photos (in the 2nd bunch) that show simple, inexpensive but clean rooms. You see, there is nothing expensive about it. It's simple cleaning.
You don't have to have matching furniture, decorator taste, expensive accessories... you just need some elbow grease and maintenance. You can decide how you want to live. You can live in a mess or you can expend the energy and clean it up and keep it clean. You can take out the trash, wipe the counter, wash the dishes, do your laundry, put sheets on the bed and keep them changed. Or you can live in your own filth. If you are physically capable of cleaning, then it becomes your choice.
You might need to think about other things that come with a filthy house.
* It can contribute to allergies. (dust, dust mites, mold/mildew, etc)
* It can make you sick. (bacteria and germs)
* You lose whatever value you had in your home or in your home furnishings. If you paid $150,000 for your home and you let it get that filthy, you will be lucky to sell it for $75,000 if anyone will even buy it! I.e. it costs you money!
* It attracts pests such as mice, spiders, roaches, ants, snakes.
* If you have children, what are they learning? You don't want them to grow up and live like this. They need to be trained how to clean and how to keep a home clean.
* It costs you socially. You cannot invite someone to your home. And if you let your home get that filthy, there is a good chance that you have some hygiene issues yourself which will affect you socially. Your hygiene is affected when you don't wash your clothes, you take baths in filthy bathrooms, etc. No one wants to get close to someone who is grimy, dirty, smells. It will affect your love life!
Cleaning is hard work. Learning how to clean, organize and manage your time takes time. Taking out the trash, scrubbing the shower/tub, cleaning out a closet can take time, effort and you get some aches and pains. But the end result is so worth it and so necessary. To me it's not even a choice. I go for clean! I'm not obsessive compulsive about cleaning. I can leave a sink of dirty dishes overnight. But I know it has to be done and I'm the one to do it so I choose clean! I think people can be obsessive compulsive about NOT cleaning. For someone to NEVER put trash in the trash can (leave it laying around) is OCD in a way that never uses a trash can. Instead of germ-o-phobic they are clean-o-phobic.
Use your God given abilities to create a clean environment. God has given you a brain, intelligence, energy, muscles, time... don't waste those gifts but use them to care for what He has blessed you with. Your home doesn't have to match, be expensive, or be fancy. It can and should be clean.
My Most Popular Posts
Sorting Saturday is a daily blogging prompt at Geneabloggers.com used by many genealogy bloggers to help them post content on their sites....
What Are Miniature Pinschers? In this photo you have the Doberman Pinscher (the largest one), the German Pinscher (the medium one) and the...
Does your laundry area look anything like this one? If you were honest, you might have to admit that it really does look like this or, some...
I looked for baby nursery ideas on a Google search. Baby rooms range from small to large so I tried to pick out a wide range. I was looking ...
Those plastic coffee creamer bottles can be reused! You can use them to carry water and juice in just like any water bottle. And you know ho...
How important are your dogs to you? Are they a possession that you just feed and water everyday? Or are they a part of your family? My five ...
One method for Bible study is called Verse Mapping. Verse mapping is taking a single verse and breaking it down and studying it. You researc...
The dogtrot, also known as a breezeway house, dog-run, or possum-trot, is a style of house that was common throughout the Southeastern Unite...
Art Nouveau Art Nouveau began in the 1880s as a reaction against the historical emphasis of mid-19th-century art. Art Nouveau is an intern...
If you do any baking, you have an idea how great it would be to have a baking center in your kitchen. A place where you can organize your ba...
To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com