..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Sunday, April 16, 2017

We Moved Back Home

We made the big change of downsizing and moving into a 3 bedroom loft apartment. But we were not happy. Within 5 weeks, we moved back home. (See my last post about our move to the apartment.) We thought downsizing and moving into the apartment would relieve us of some of the nagging and constant demands of owning a home. No yard work, no maintenance and repairs, no replacing appliances, roofs and heat pumps, etc And with a smaller area, cleaning the house would be a breeze! But going from nearly 3,000 sq ft to 1,673 sq ft was more difficult than I imagined. The bedrooms were particularly small and I spend a good deal of time in my bedroom. I felt shoehorned in.

I made it nice and it was clean and organized. But it was just too small and I see no reason to accept the unacceptable when I don't have to. We still owned our 3,000 sq ft home. It showed a lot and we had good comments but no offers and so it was still ours. After much prayer, my husband and I agreed to move back home. Expensive lesson learned. We are not tiny house people. If we had to, we could do it. But if we don't have to, we won't. As long as we can keep our house, we will keep it.

So, I've been back off my blog for a few more weeks because of moving back home. We've been in flux for about 3 months and I hope that is over.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com