..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Blood Moons

Another big story this Fall was the 4th Blood Moon a tetrad of blood moons. Meaning 4 blood moons, the tetrad have occurred rarely in history and these happened to fall on major Jewish holidays, giving them more interest. Also, considering the Papal visit and the Russian attacks on Syria, the floods in SC and the college shootings, it gives you pause.

I wanted to document my feelings about this with a scrapbook layout. The last Blood Moon occurred on September 27-28, 2015. Unfortunately, although I stayed up to try and see it, it was cloudy in our town and there was no moon to see. I found these photos on the Internet so I could use them in my layout. Each year I do a personal scrapbook and have it printed for us. This page will be in that scrapbook.

Obviously Jesus Christ did not come back on that day or I wouldn't be writing this. So it was not a sign of His coming. I believe the event is a sign from God that will herald some major events but it wasn't about Jesus' return.

There were popular ministers who wrote books on the Blood Moons using prophesies in the Bible to point to something major happening.

Joel 2: 31 "the sun will turn into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord comes."

Acts 2:12 "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord."

Revelation 12:6 "And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and lo there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood."

I'm not a prophecy expert. But I know that Jesus, himself, said no one knows the day or the hour of His return. So I didn't think it would happen on 9/27/2015 or 9/28/2015. And it's not happened. But I do believe in the prophecies in the Bible. I believe every word in the Bible is true. I have complete faith in it. I have learned that if I don't immediately understand something, then the problem is with me and my perspective. Once I study it and learn and pray and meditate, usually my understanding begins to focus. Much like using the lenses in a microscope to bring things on the slide into focus. I have always found the Bible reliable after all. I feel like this will be what happens here. In time, these prophesies and this tetrad of Blood Moons will fall into place and we will understand.

Am I worried? Not at all. I'm saved through Jesus Christ and my eternity is secured. No matter when Jesus returns, I'm ready. No matter what events happen while I'm still on earth, God is with me because I am His Child. Not because of how good I am (heavens NO!). I am not good. But Jesus is. He is perfect and He paid for my sins because I could not. Now God sees me as perfect and righteous because of what Jesus did for me. I am His Child because of what Jesus did for me. You can be too! God loves you. There is nothing you could do that would make you unforgivable! But you must trust in Jesus and Him alone. You must ask forgiveness for your sins and ask Him to be the Lord of your life. Once you finally realize your need for a Savior and believe that Jesus is the only Savior... you are saved! That is saving faith. Until you believe that, you are lost. No matter how good a person you are, you cannot be saved without this saving faith. No matter how bad a person you are, you can be saved with saving faith. So don't worry about Blood Moons, except as it makes you think about God and if it turns your heart towards Him. Every sign points to God and to His provision for your salvation and your eternal security. There is no need to be afraid. But there is every need to saved no matter what is, or isn't, going on in the world. Don't be caught unaware. Make sure of your salvation so that you too will have the assurance of your eternity and the confidence that God loves you and takes care of His children while they are yet in this world. He walks with His children throughout all their life. He never leaves or forsakes us. His love never leaves us.




No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com