..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Organizing With Magnets

We are all used to seeing magnetic strips in kitchens to hold your knives. I can tell you from experience that it's a nice feature. I found a magnetic knife block at a yard sale one time and I use it a lot. It only holds 3 knives but the magnets are so strong that I can attach my kitchen scissors to it as well. Love it. We also have seen magnets used on your refrigerator to attach notes, pictures, cartoons, etc. But now we have not only magnets but adhesive magnetic strips and magnetic paint, even magnetic chalkboard paint. I haven't been as impressed with adhesive magnetic strips. It just doesn't seem strong enough and the magnetism decreases with time. For some things it's fine. For instance, my niece drew a picture and her mother had it transferred on a magnetic strip about the size of a 4x6 photo. She's now an adult with her own child and I still have that little drawing and it still sticks to the fridge. It won't hold anything else, but it holds itself.

I looked on the internet and found some great ideas for using magnets when you organize. I tried to pick things that you might not normally think of. You can purchase magnets in many sizes and the strips at craft stores. You can also purchase products with attached magnets such as magnetic clips, hooks, organizers and they are easy to find in stores like Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes. So here goes....














































No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com