..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Friday, April 04, 2014

Useful Kitchen Utensils - Kitchen Tongs


This is another one of those tools I didn't realize I was missing until I got a good pair. I went through some really sorry ones and I couldn't help but wonder why the heck did people use them. Then I found this pair and have LOVED them. We use it all the time now. Tongs are used for gripping and lifting. They provide a way to move, rotate and turn the food. I don't like for Stan to use my kitchen tongs for the grill but he has and burned them a little. He has grilling tongs that are longer but he sometimes grabs my kitchen tongs. The sorry ones had 2 pieces of metal forming the arms held together with a separate spring. Those can usually be locked into a closed position to take up less room but I found the springs always gave way and they required 2 hands to open and close the locking mechanism. Then there were the ones made with plastic or silicone or wood either the whole tong or just the tips. These were too thick to use. Yes, they protect your cookware surface from scratches but they are like having fumble fingers. So I gave it one last try and bought these. It is one metal piece shaped in a prong, a natural give. Yes, it takes up more drawer space because it can't be locked in the closed position but it works better.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com