..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope you and your family and friends had a happy Thanksgiving! My husband's family get together on Thanksgiving Day and my family gets together sometimes during the weekend. This time it will be Sunday evening.

Yesterday we had a really great time at my sister-in-law's home, Kathi. We all brought our normal offerings to the table. Mine is broccoli salad and cheeseball. I also made a huge fresh fruit salad. Just put in all the fresh fruit you can find this time of year. I didn't do bananas. They sort of dissolve in a salad. But I used fresh strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, seedless grapes, cantalope, apples, seedless naval oranges, clementines (aka cuties, and they are seedless too), raisins. Then I added powdered sugar and stirred. That's all there is to it. The powdered sugar seems to sweeten AND preserve. The apples don't turn dark.

After dinner we visited and took photos of the family. We also watched some James Gregory standup videos on Youtube. The whole family laughed so hard!

I also got some snuggle time with my little grandnephew, Will. Poor little Savannah, his sister, didn't get to come because she has been sick. She had to go to Urgent Care on Wednesday and had a high temperature Wednesday night so Hannah kept her home. But Luke came with Will. Everybody got some lovey dovey time with him. He's only 6 mos old but already seems to love and know each of us. He will go to any of us.

We also missed our Jenny (our niece) and her husband and two boys. They live in Illinois, too far away to be here with us. But they are close to Kyle's family and his family always gets together like we do. I'm so glad they have family times and get togethers or she would be lonely. And they are a great help to them.

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving doing the things you like to do. It may not be a big family get together. That's OK as long as you are OK with it. It can be nerve wracking to have a big to do on Thanksgiving. Maybe you and your family prefer smaller gatherings, going out to a restaurant, watching a movie or football game, going shopping? It's OK to be "non-traditional" just like it's OK to be "traditional". Do what makes you and your family happy. The only requirement to this holiday is to be thankful to God for what He has done!

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com