..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fall Decorating

It's that time again. Fall has come around. I love Spring, Summer and Fall. Winter, I endure. But I like to put out some seasonal decorations. It can be as little as a simple vase with some seasonal flowers on your dining room table to re-decorating your entire home. I have tried to hit the middle road. I'm not physically able to re-do an entire house because I'm particular. I have to have everything clean which means cleaning the decorations before organizing and storing them away. Washing silk flowers, tableclothes and napkins, doodads, etc can be too much for me. I have a couple of boxes of Fall decorations that include flowers, a wreath for the door, knick knacks. I try to reach the balance for me that decorates the house without causing too much work for me.









It's different for each person. You may LOVE to decorate your home for the seasons and get so much pleasure from the process that nothing is off limits. Or you may have little children and you are very conscious of wanting to make memories for them of each season. Or maybe you have older kids who help you decorate and it's fun for them as well as a teaching experience. Or maybe you're older and can't do as much or you have such limited storage that you can't store seasonal decorations. So it's all relevant to your lifestyle and your life. Make it right for you and your family! But I did want to inspire you with some ideas that I found on the Internet. I so appreciate those creative people who share their ideas on the Internet for the rest of us. I tried to find photos that represent the full gamut of decorating whether it's cheap, simple, expensive, over the top!

When you think of Autumn what comes to your mind? Let's make a list (of course, since I'm the one writing the post, it's MY list.)

Football
Bright colors
Hot chocolate

Cinnamon flavored coffee
Chai tea
Apples
Pumpkins
Winter squashes
Harvest
Fall festivals
Cooler weather
Trips to the mountains
Colorful leaves
Nuts
Picnics with Fall foliage in the scenery
Tailgating
Soups and stews

These are just some of the things that I think about and I try to incorporate them into my life each Fall. And while you do these things, be sure and take your camera along and snap some photos of what Fall means to you. Take it to the football game, take a photo of the picnic spread, take photos of the fall foliage whether it's in the park, your backyard or a trip to Maine. Take photos of your favorite coffee steaming on the counter, your 15 Bean Soup or the crafts you like at the local Fall Festival. Take photos of your family enjoying the season!

I want to take each room and make some suggestions for decorating. Again, I don't do all these and you may not either. But pick what sparks your imagination. And, some of you can and want to do it all! Go for it!

Your front entrance:
Wreath
Basket of mums
Sheaf of wheat, corn or bale of hay with a scarecrow or a bundle of pumpkins



Entrance Hall:
Candy dish with fall candy (whether it's candy corn or just Hershey's kisses with orange foil wrappers)



Living Room:
Fall themed pillows on the couch
Fall arrangement on the coffee table
Fall scented candle
A Fall afghan draped over the easy chair


Dining Room:
Fall tablecloth and matching napkins
Use an Autumn patterned or colored china for placesettings on your dining room table
A Fall centerpiece with matching arrangements on your buffet or china cabinet
Colorful candles

And if you do have the space to store them, collect a set of Fall china. I have a pretty set. And it doesn't have to be expensive. Look for vintage china like these:
































Kitchen:
Change out your canisters to some that are Fall festive
Add a Fall vignette in a cozy corner of the countertops
Use Fall placemats and napkins at the bar or breakfast room table
A Fall centerpiece on the breakfast room table or on the bar
Use a Fall rug in front of the sink




Guest Bathroom:
Add some Fall scented guest soaps
A Fall arrangement on the back of the commode
Add a pretty candle to the countertop
Fall hand towels



Den:
A nice stack of Fall magazines
Fall flower arrangements
Candy dish full of Fall candies and tied with a Fall ribbon
Some Fall fashion pillows on the couch


I hope these give you some ideas. You can go as lightly or as heavy as you want with Autumn decor. some people even change their slipcovers and drapes for the season. More power to you. Now here are the photos that inspired me.












































































































































































































No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com