..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Friday, April 12, 2013

Speech, Speech

You’ve been asked to speak at your high school alma mater — about the path of life. (Whoa.) Draft the speech.



I graduated from this high school many years ago. A lot has changed. The idea of having your own personal computer at home was inconceivable and now everyone has them and we even have mini computers as our cell phones, which also weren't invented back then. I got married and have lived a good life full of change. But one thing hasn't changed. I was born and raised in a Christian home. I became a Christian when I was 8 yrs old. During high school, I struggled with severe depression and floundered and embarrassed myself too many times. I asked questions about my faith but I never lost my belief in Jesus Christ. I re-dedicated my life to Him when I was a senior in this high school and I never looked back. He has been my one constant in my life. And when I look back and think of my ancestors, I realize He was the same for them. I have spent a lot of time working on my genealogy and have found many Christians in my family tree. God was their rock, God is my rock, and God can be your rock. When life seems to be flooding you and you feel like you are drowning, reach down with your toes and touch that Rock! He's still there. If He is your Lord and Savior, if you have been born again into eternal life, then He will be there. And, one day, when you are my age and you look back, you will realize He has always been there and brought you out to the other side. If you weren't raised in a Christian home, you can still learn the same Bible I learned; you can still learn the same hymns and praise songs that I learned; you can still learn God's Ways just I learned them. I just learned them at a younger age. If you've never been inside a church, it's not a scary place. Select one that teaches from the Bible and believes the Bible is without error. Select one where you feel comfortable and free to ask questions, a church where you can learn about God and His Ways. If one seems off to you, go to another one until you find the one that welcomes you and directs you ALWAYS towards God. Keep in mind that a church is made of people who come from all different backgrounds; are at different places in their own journey of faith; have had different experiences; were raised different ways; and, have their own weaknesses towards sin. None of us are sinless and each of us have a unique weakness towards particular sins. For me, I struggle with depression and my mouth. For someone else, they are weak in the area of alcohol. For another it may be the homosexual lifestyle. Our God still loves us and He is always forgiving of the sins we repent of. He is working on us and we are incomplete projects. So, if someone disappoints you, hurts your feelings, runs roughshod over your comfort... realize that it's the human in us, NOT the God in us. God has not disappointed you, a human being has. God has not let you down and hurt your feelings, a human being has. Try to be forgiving, try to live at peace with others but realize that God is the one and only perfect being and it is in Him we trust. We don't put a pastor on a pedestal and believe he will never let us down. God is our God, no man can be our god. Your high school friends, your best friend forever, are walking out the high school door into their own lives. Most you may never see again except at high school reunions. You think you are so tight and nothing will come between you but it will. Life happens. People get jobs and move away, get married and have children, go to college and join the military. All of these are natural life changes. You will all age, begin to lose your hair or put on weight, or both! Because it's life. In your youth and exuberance you tend to think you have forever and everything will stay the same but it won't. I pray that your first adult decision will be to ask Jesus Christ into your heart so that you will have one thing that will never change... your salvation and eternity with God in Heaven.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com