..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Sentimental Sunday - The Baby Dress

Sentimental Sunday is a daily blogging prompt used by many genealogy bloggers at Geneabloggers.com to help them post content on their sites. To participate in Sentimental Sunday, simply create a post in which you discuss a sentimental story or memory about an ancestor, or maybe even a family tradition that touches you.

My maternal Grandmother, Geneva Margaret Lamb Reese, made this baby dress and ruffled panties of turquoise chiffon and lace for her first grandchild, me! She also made a blue velveteen coat and bonnet to go with it.





This is me wearing the little dress.


My Mom and Dad had 2 more girls after me, Elaine and Melinda. They also wore the dress, coat and bonnet. Here is a picture of Elaine wearing the dress to a  Kindergarden Christmas party in Iuka, MS. My Mother is helping us open our presents. She got pregnant with Melinda in Iuka, MS. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of Melinda wearing the dress.



Fast forward 18 yrs later to 1977 and I married Stan. Elaine married Stan's brother, Ronnie, 2 yrs later. Elaine and Ronnie had a daughter and son, Jenny and Luke. I took Jenny, in 1984, to have her portrait made wearing the same dress. Here she is.


Jenny is now 29 yrs old. I still have the dress, coat and bonnet.  Luke and his wife, Hannah, have a little girl, Savannah. I would give anything if I had remembered to have her portrait made in the dress when she was little enough!

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com