..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Wedding Wednesday - Papa and Grandma

My father's parents were Vivian Mae Barnes and Oscar Alexander Huneycutt. Grandma was born 3/4/1904 in Davidson County, NC to Avery Lawrence Huneycutt and Addie Mae Michael. She took a job in Winston-Salem, NC after high school and met Papa there. Pape was born 12/26/1898 in Stanly County, NC to William Eli Huneycutt and Eva Malinda Boone. On September 2, 1922 they got married in Winston-Salem, NC. Here are the portraits they had made to commemorate their wedding.



Grandma is wearing a black beaded net blouse over her dress. I still have that beaded blouse.




Their children gave them a party for their 50th Wedding Anniversary which would have been in 1972.



Papa passed away on 1/15/1976 in Stanly County, NC at the age of 77 yrs old and Grandma was 71 yrs old. Grandma lived another 12 years and died 5/8/1988 in Stanly County, NC at the age of 84 yrs old. They had been married 54 years when Papa died.

2 comments:

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

Terrific photos! What does the pin on your grandfather's lapel indicate?

Sharon said...

It was a Sunday School pin. He was very involved in his church all his life.

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com