..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wedding Wednesday - A Wedding Dress

When my Mother and Dad got married in 1956, she was able to buy a real wedding gown. She spent $50 on her dress. Mom and Dad had a real wedding in a church with her father officiating. She had a Bridesmaid, Groomsmen, a wedding portrait, wedding pictures and a small reception. In our family, that was a big wedding!










Eight years later, in 1964, Mom's sister, my Aunt Judy, wore Mom's wedding dress and veil for her wedding.



Thirteen years later, in 1977, I got married in my Mother's wedding dress.



She got her money's worth out of that pretty and timeless dress. I was very honored and proud that I could wear it. I have no idea where it is now. I'm sure Mother has it somewhere but whether it's in good condition, I don't know. Mom and Dad have been married 57 years. Before Judy died, she and her husband had been married 41 years. Stan and I have been married 36 years.



3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful ladies in a lovely dress! Loved this post :)

Queen Bee said...

What a pretty wedding dress and how special that three members of your family wore it. You were all lovely brides. Did your grandfather officiate at all three weddings?

Sharon said...

My Grandfather officiated at my Mother's wedding but he said it was too emotional for him so he never officiated at another family wedding. But he was there for my wedding. He died 2 yrs later just before my sister got married. He knew Elaine's husband and liked him so my Grandmother told my sister to go ahead with the wedding (which was a month after his death) and offered to have it on the brick patio in their yard. It was simple but beautiful too.

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com