..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday - Rose Hill Cemetery, York, SC

Tombstone Tuesday is a daily blogging prompt on Geneabloggers.com. Create a post which includes an image of a gravestone.


My sister needed to pick up a rescue dog in York, SC and I rode with her. I saw this great cemetery and Elaine let me out to take photos. I love cemeteries, especially the older ones. They knew how to make gravestones back then. For practical reasons, modern cemeteries usually go with a sort of generic flat bronze plaque. At least there is a lasting marker but I prefer headstones. And almost every decoration of a gravestone has symbolic meanings. As an amateur taphophile, I love collecting photos of beautiful tombstones.

You can see photos I took of York, SC and Historic Brattonsville.

It was a very hot day when I was taking these photos.














There were so many Southern Crosses in this cemetery indicating those who were C.S.A. veterans during the War of Northern Aggression.




























































































The saddest one I've ever seen. These parents lost 11 infants!








No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com