..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Friday, December 21, 2012

Processing Your Groceries

Yesterday I took 3 1/2 hours to process up my groceries. Maybe you don't know what I mean but I'm going to show you in this post. These are a few of the things I "processed".


Here is what I bought all that stuff for:
Cabbage Chowder
Coleslaw
Hobo dinner
Hamburger patties (to make hamburgers later in the week)
Meatloaf
Cheese spread to give for Christmas gifts and to take to Christmas Eve at my mother-in-law's house
Broccoli Salad
Sausage and eggs for Christmas Brunch

I multi-tasked by putting in a load of laundry. Then I jumped in. I got all my fruits and vegetables that I had bought at the grocery store and started rinsing them.


Then I put them in a sink full of cold water and white vinegar to wash them.

A final rinse and I was ready to start. I cut the ends off my celery and putting it in my Tupperware celery keeper.

The bunch was too big to fit in the celery keeper and put the lid on it so I cut it into celery sticks and that worked.



I pulled my Kitchenaid mixer out of the appliance cabinet and put on the grater attachment. I chopped the cabbage in quarters and peeled carrots and an onion. I used the grater to make enough cabbage for the coleslaw. Then grated the carrot and onion.






I chopped the rest of the cabbage and put it in a bowl in the fridge to be used in my cabbage chowder. I used an air tight Tupperware bowl made to keep onions to store the remainder of the onion. It will be used in the cabbage chowder too.



I rinsed the grater and put it back on the Kitchenaid mixer and began shredding my cheeses.



I shredded cheddar cheese to be used in the cheese spreads and the broccoli salad. I shredded the Swiss cheese to use in the cabbage chowder. I sliced the rest to be used for cheese and crackers.



Next I pulled out the frying pan and started frying the bacon to be used in my broccoli salad and my sausage to be used for Christmas Brunch.



I'm not through with the Kitchenaid mixer yet. I removed the grater and washed it up. I put the ingredients for my cheese spread in the mixer's bowl and whipped it up.


This made up 6 batches of cheese spread. I put them in containers and put them in the refrigerator. While the bacon and sausage was cooking up I cleaned up the Kitchenaid mixer. I'm still not through with it.


I seasoned some of the hamburgers and made hamburger steaks to go in my hobo dinner (hamburger steaks with veggies, wrapped in tinfoil and baked). Then I cut up the potatoes, carrots and onions. I snipped fresh cilantro on top and sprinkled with salt and pepper and wrapped in tinfoil to pop in the oven for our supper tonight.



As I'm still working with the sausage and bacon, I put the Kitchenaid mixer back together and began putting together the ingredients for the meatloaf in the mixer bowl. I let the mixer blend it.



I finally finished processing everything I intended to. I put the stuff I made ahead in the refrigerator and freezer.



With the groceries processed, I'm not through in the kitchen. I went and transferred the washed clothes into the dryer and started another load to wash. And I started cleaning up the kitchen. I pulled everything off the countertops and wiped up. Then I polished the granite countertops. I wiped or washed everything before putting it back on the countertops. I filled the dishwasher and started it and did some washups. I took out the trash and recycling. The kitchen is now cleaned up. I popped the hobo dinner in the oven and folded clothes and I was done for the day. It took 3 1/2 hrs to process the groceries and clean up the kitchen. But I got supper done and made all those cheese spread gifts. I also have meatloaf and hamburger patties in the freezer for 2 meals and cabbage and cheese ready to make cabbage chowder so that's 3 meals ready to go this week plus the one we were eating that night. I also got the sausage made for Christmas brunch and the bacon and cheese done for the broccoli salad.


1 comment:

Queen Bee said...

Wow, that was a lot of work, but you were able to accomplish so much in 3 1/2 hours. My family loves hobo hamburgers. I usually cook them in separate packets of tinfoil, but think I'll try cooking all the hamburgers and veggies together like you do. Think it would be much easier to cook it that way.

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com