..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Monday, October 15, 2012

Walnut Grove FestiFall 2012

Every year, Walnut Grove has a FestiFall with re-enactors. The re-enactors camp out there and then talk to anyone and everyone about the way things were during the American Revolution. How to make soap, be a blacksmith, cook over a fire, what kind of clothes they wore, what they grew, etc. It was very interesting. They even had a mock skirmish. Most people liked that best of all because of the firing of the muskets. Mom, Dad and I went about 11:00am and stayed until about 2:00pm. Next year I want Stan to go with us and I want to take a picnic. I want to make food like they would have had back then for our picnic. I'll be doing a little research to find out what they would have had back then.

Here are the photos I took.



































A way to save food was to hang it in the tree. We use Ziploc baggies but they didn't have that.















A portable bellows to melt tin.













Even children are dressed and participate!













The skirmish in the front yard of the Walnut Grove Plantation.
































video

To see my post on the Walnut Grove house.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com