..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Monday, June 11, 2012

Macaroni and Tomatoes

Mom used to make this for us when we were growing up and I had forgotten all about it. I was reminded of it when I saw it at The Southern Lady Cooks. Another thing she made was Breaded Tomatoes. Heat a quart of canned tomatoes with a tbsp of butter, a little sugar and some crumbled up bread, just enough to thicken up the tomatoes. This was a way to use up slightly stale bread.

Macaroni and Tomatoes

2 cups macaroni, uncooked
1 (14.5 ounce can) petite diced tomatoes
1 (14.5) ounce can) whole tomatoes in juice
1 tablespoon bacon grease (can add more)
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Optional: Add basil and oregano and some cubed or shredded cheddar cheese

Prepare macaroni in boiling, salted water according to package directions. Drain. Return pasta to cooking pot and add the diced tomatoes and whole tomatoes along with the juice. I just break up the whole tomatoes. Add bacon grease, salt and pepper and simmer for about 10 minutes.

Source: The Southern Lady Cooks

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com