..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Monday, April 02, 2012

"Snug As A Bug In A Rug"

"Snug as a bug in a rug" - This phrase has been used for some time to mean comfortable, safe right to the point of being content, for many it conjours up images of being small children and being tucked into bed by their mothers. It is believed to of been coined by Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790), during his later years. Specifically, in 1769 where it appeared in his play 'The Stratford Jubilee'. But there were earlier usages. did not originally mean "comfortable." Instead, it meant, "neat, trim, or well-prepared." The word was spelled "snugg" before standardized English spelling was introduced. It was used by Captain Wyatt around 1595.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com