..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Sunday, March 11, 2012

How To Use Vintage Suitcases

Old suitcases can be reused for storage and decorating. I love recycling suitcases because of their storage capacity. Many people decorate with suitcases and suitcase decorating is a great idea because you can kill two birds with one stone. Use for storage and for decorating! I did some Google searches and found great ideas for how to use suitcases for decorating and other ideas. Personally I have several old suitcases that I use to store photos and fabric in. Here is what I found.











Someone had a great idea for using an old trunk for your gift wrapping station!









I saw so many dog and cat beds made from vintage suitcases. What a great idea!!!



And how about using an old makeup suitcase for a portable dog feeding station!



Some vintage Louis Vuitton luggage make for a classy look.















I just love this wall of storage!



So if you come across some vintage suitcases at yard sales or thrift stores... think outside of the box. You can use them in so many different ways. For storage just clean and add a label and stack! And many can still be used for their original purposes - to pack your clothes on a trip. I found a Samsonite makeup case in pristine condition at a yard sale for $5. I gave it a sanitary cleaning and then packed my supplies. I keep it on hand so it's ready to go at any time. The only thing I have to add are my current medications. Everything else is already packed. I found a small matching Samsonite case for $2 at a thrift store and I have it packed for overnighting. I keep these in my closet. A night gown, a change of underwear, socks, fresh shirt and slacks. It's especially helpful on a long road trip when we don't want to have to completely unpack the car for a stop at a hotel. Those 2 Samsonites are the last thing packed so we can reach them and pull them out easily.

I also have used a small suitcase for a picnic basket. I will keep it packed with the tableclothes, napkins, plastic plates and cheap silverware. A cooler for the food and the suitcase for the implements.

So give those old suitcases and trunks a second look and see if you can't come up with some new ideas.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com