Try using a rolodex to organize all those little bits and pieces of info. The Planner Notebook is great for the stuff you need to carry around with you. But what about all the stuff that you don't need to carry around with you? Use a rolodex! Need to have the measurements of your living room but don't need to carry it around with you every day? Jot down those measurements on a rolodex card and file under "L" for living room or whatever makes sense to you. Need the wallpaper man's contact info but you don't need to carry it with you since it will be years before you need him again? Use a rolodex card. The little things you need to keep track of but you can't always remember.
Here are some other ways to use the rolodex:
- Staple your paint chips on a rolodex card for each of your rooms
- Your Christmas card addresses
- Your computer user ID's and passwords (or use an address book)
- The model # of your fridge's water filter and the dates you should change it
- Gift ideas for your spouse, children, family. Each family member gets a card and you jot down ideas as you think of them or hear them mentioned.
- Stain removing tips
- Uses of vinegar, peroxide, etc.
- The contact info for those pet friendly motels in that city you like to vacation in.
- Where to order that special furniture polish you like.
- Your takeout restaurants.
- Staple or glue business cards to rolodex cards.
And you don't have to have an ugly rolodex! You can alter it and make it all your own. Paint it, add stickers to it, use ribbons, fancy paper clips and pretty paper to the rolodex cards. If "A-B-C's" aren't getting it for you, then make the tabs whatever you want. How about "All The Things I want To Do" and "All My Dreams Have Come True", "Goals" and "Goals Accomplished", "Bucket List", "Daily Scripture"? Use photos or cutout pictures to personalize.