..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pie Safes

In the days before refrigeration, pie safes were cabinets made to store pies and other baked goods to keep flies and bugs from getting to them. They had to have ventilation so the pies could cool but you didn't want your pies attracting flies. The original pie safes would have wood or tin fronts that had tiny holes pierced in them. Eventually screening became available and those front (and, sometimes, the side) panels were screened. They came in all sizes.








Today they are used throughout the house for storage and decor. I found these ideas on how to use and decorate with a pie safe.












No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com