..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Future

When Luke and Hannah got married, little did they know that in just a few years they would have little Savannah and now, what would life be without her? We must remember this. God knows our future and His plans are for our good. As much as we want to control our lives, we can't because we don't know all the variables that go into our lives. But if we wrest control of our lives out of God's Hands, we run the risk of missing out on His greatest blessings. Trust and faith in God is hard but it's so much better. Doing things His Way and allowing Him to be in charge means our lives will work out to our ultimate good and to the good of those around us.
We've had Savannah now since last January and she is such a presence in our family. We can't imagine life without her. Just a few short months and she's a keeper! There is nothing her parents wouldn't do for her. They are always thinking of her welfare and they love her so much. So does the rest of the extended family! But what if Luke and Hannah had decided they couldn't afford a child right now? No Savannah, and we wouldn't know what we had missed.
As a young woman I decided that I wouldn't have children. I don't know if I made the right decision because I don't know what life would have been like if I had had children. I did pray about it and struggled with that decision. There were many reasons I made the decision. I'm satisfied with my life and think I did the right thing. But I won't know until I meet God face to face. Stan and I have been married 34 years and if we had children they would be adults right now. That's hard to believe. I would more than likely have grandchildren. That's even harder to believe.
I'm not trying to tell anyone whether or not to have children. But I am telling you to trust these life decisions to God. Don't try to control your life. I learned the hard way that doing things my way can make a big mess. Trying to control my life and make my own decisions based on my limited understanding and knowledge and my ability to see the future (which is nil) is a big mistake. And when things come out of the blue, things you didn't plan for, trust that God is in control and can make it a blessing instead of a curse. Accept what God's Hand has provided with gratitude and not whining and complaining and demanding your own way. Some women will have children. Some will not have children. Trying to force ourselves to have (or not have) children means we are trying to control our lives and take on God's job and thrusting Him out of the way. "Get out of the way, God. I know what I'm doing and I don't need You. I can do it myself and get what I want." By humbling yourself and accepting God's Will for your life with a thankful heart is the way to have blessings and peace in your life.
I have a good friend who couldn't have children but she adopted a baby girl. That girl was raised in a wonderful home, is married and has children of her own that are being raised in a loving family. My friend (who is a believer) says she wants to ask God why she couldn't have children when she wanted them so badly and others, who don't want or shouldn't have them, have children. I understand her question and I don't have all the answers but, as an objective person, I have to wonder if she had been able to have biological children would she have been looking to adopt? If she hadn't adopted her daughter, what would have happened to that girl? What kind of life would she have had and how would that have affected the young lady's marriage and children? In her situation, all things worked for good and the results are a loving family. My friend suffered heartache at not being able to bear children but in the long run, look at how God turned it into such a blessing!

Anyway, here is a digital scrapbook page where I tried to express my thoughts. It shows Luke and Hannah when they got married. But then I used some head shots of little Savannah to show what was in their future. On that wedding day, they may have thought vaguely of a family in the future but now, Savannah is here! I used the scripture that is very special to Luke as it's one of his mother's favorite.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com