..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Monday, December 26, 2011

Daily Keeping Your House Up

Things can get out of control pretty quick if you don't keep on top of your housekeeping. There are some things that need to be done every day in order to stay on top of your housekeeping. Here are the daily chores that will help you keep your home clean.

1. Wipe down your bathroom sink and counter with antibacterial wipes. Same with your commodes. Use a shower spray (just spritz and rinse). Pick up all used towels, wash rags, any clothes left in the bathroom. Hang a fresh hand towel.

2. Make your beds and put clothes away.

3. Empty your garbage and put away your recyclables (I have a recycle bin outside so it means taking my recyclables outside to the bin.)

4. Empty the dishwasher and fill with dirty dishes. Wash your sink and wipe down your counter tops and tables. Change your hand towel and dish sponge or dish rag.

5. Run 2 loads of laundry, fold and put away.

6. Run the vacuum where needed (usually the kitchen and living room/den, maybe the bedrooms and baths).

7. Empty your purse of any receipts, go through your mail. Throw away junk mail. File your mail according to your system. Update your calendar as needed. For instance, as I go through my receipts and mail I will do it at my laptop and will work on my calendar as I go. I will add bill due dates, doctor visits, library books overdue date, warranty dates, invitations, etc. If you use financial software, update it as you go.

8. Declutter as you go from room to room.

9. Dust and Windex one room a day.

10. Declutter at least one thing. Straighten a clothes drawer, declutter and organize a drawer, organize one cabinet, etc.

If you can do these things daily, you should be able to keep up with your housework. It's not easy but doing a little every day is better than having it pile up for weeks and then having to take 2 whole days to get it done. I'd rather do 2 loads of laundry every day than have a marathon laundry day. Not to say that I do this every day. But I should so it wouldn't be so hard on me at one time.

You can do it!

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com