..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sharon's Vegetable Minestrone

Sharon's Vegetable Minestrone

2 cups dry Great Northern Beans
1 cup dry Lentils
1 cup dry Split Green Peas
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 med Onions, chopped
1-2 lg cloves Garlic, peeled and chopped
1 lg rib of Celery, chopped
1 large Carrot, peeled and chopped
4 cups washed and chopped Baby Spinach (or Kale)
1 cup chopped Cabbage
1 can diced Tomatoes
1 can Tomato Sauce
1 cup Pearlized Barley
1 can Chicken Broth
2 qts of Water
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Tbsp dried Oregano
1 Tsp dried Thyme


Wash dried beans and put in crockpot. Add salt and pepper and water.



Using frying pan, place the Olive Oil in and let it heat. Add chopped Onions and Garlic and fry until lightly browned. Add to the crockpot


Add all other ingredients to the crockpot and stir it around a bit.

I cook it on the High setting throughout the day.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com