..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Monday, October 17, 2011

I Must Have Done Something Right!

We've been married 34 yrs and it's taken all this time for me to feel like Stan is finally to the point where if something happened to me, he could handle keeping the house. He can cook, clean the kitchen, vacuum, mop, dust, change the sheets, do the laundry, iron his clothes, run the dishwasher, clean the bathroom, grocery shop. I'm so proud of him knowing this. My Dad has never run the washing machine! One of Stan's brothers said that he has never bought groceries before!

As of now, Stan doesn't have to do the housework except to help me. I still consider the housework my primary responsibility. But it's so nice to know that if I get unable to do housework or if I die before him, he is able to keep his home and feed himself. I feel like a spouse is handicapped if they couldn't take care of their home. If we don't train our children, we have handicapped them for real life. They should know how to take care of basic things around the home. It's as important as learning how to read and write.

I knew he had arrived when he brought me a bouquet from the yard to go in my vase on the kitchen table. He's never done that before and I hadn't asked him to. He knows I like fresh flowers.


On my end, I still don't know how to change the oil in the car, change a tire, build a house, cut off the water, fix the hot water heater, etc. I'm handicapped! I would have to rely heavily on my brother-in-laws and nephews. But, at least, I could make them a cake for their help! :D

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com