..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Monday, October 10, 2011

Elaine and Melinda Horseback Riding Lessons

My sisters started taking horseback riding lessons when they were kids. Melinda was probably 9 years old and Elaine was probably 11 yrs old. Elaine and I were big enough to work at Krispy Kreme a couple of afternoons a week which paid for Elaine and Melinda's horseback riding lessons. Yep, I paid for her lessons for about 1 1/2 years. But she paid me back many years later. In my 30's I wanted to learn how to ride. Melinda taught me and let me use her horse and gear and I got to ride with them for about 3 years. We did trail rides which was my favorite thing. On my birthday we took a picnic and Melinda, Lee, Karen and I went for a trail ride. After our picnic on the mountain we started back and got caught in a a thunderstorm. Going down a mountain on a horse with thunder, lightening and heavy rain was a trip! But we made it. Soaked to the skin, slurping in our saddles, horses skittish with each thunder. It's a day I will never forget. Anyway, they started their lessons at Russ-N-Nola Farms in Cedar Springs. I often drove them there once I learned to drive. They rode English until we moved on the farm and they changed to western riding. Here are some photos that James took of them during one of their lessons.


No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com