..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Decorating Children's Rooms

I looked on the Internet to find some ideas for decorating children's rooms. Kid's rooms can be very imaginative. It can be themed bedrooms like a race car bedroom, football bedroom, cowboy bedroom. Or it can be more generic but a girl's bedroom or a boy's bedroom (the usual pink and blue). Or it can be a hip and trendy bedroom. Some people paint murals, others use wallpaper or painting techniques. But here are some of the interesting decorated kid's bedrooms I found.












































































When I was growing up, I had a bedroom with a bed and a bookshelf for my books. That was it. I would have thought I had died and gone to heaven to have a matching, fancy bedroom! When I was 7 yrs old my parents remodeled a home and I got to choose my own carpet color. I chose purple. Mom bought me a matching purple flower bedspread and that was my one and only time I had, what I thought of as, a nice bedroom. Don't get me wrong! I had a wonderful family and we lived in a nice home. But we didn't have extra money to spend on fancy bedroom furniture for growing little girls. We were so blessed by most of the world's standards having a loving family with a home and we had bedrooms with beds when so many children live on the street with no one who loves them. I kept my bedroom spotless. I was good to keep my clothes and toys put away. I do remember whenever we made a trip to Sears I would go past the furniture section and I dreamed of having the cream and gold French provincial bedroom furniture that I saw. I'm still drawn to it when I see it.

For those families who are able to afford to decorate their children's bedrooms, maybe these photos will give you ideas.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com