..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Monday, May 18, 2009

Homemade Beef & Vegetable Soup



Sharon's Big Pot of Homemade Beef And Vegetable Soup

4 large fresh tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 lb beef (browned hamburger, browned stew meat or ox tails)
2 cloves fresh garlic
1 cup fresh parsley, minced
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, minced
1 Tbsp fresh oregano, minced
1/2 tsp fresh sage, minced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
Salt and Pepper
1 lg diced onions
3 yellow squash, sliced
3 lg potatoes, sliced (or 3/4 cup Barley)
1 can carrots or fresh carrots, sliced
1 bag frozen peas or 1 can peas
1 can of green beans or fresh green beans

Depending on what meat you use, you might need to simmer it longer to get it falling apart. Browned hamburger doesn't need additional cooking time but ox tails need to be cooked longer and pull the meat off the bones before you start your soup. Stew meat needs to be dredged in flour and browned with some oil. Then add some water and let simmer for an extra hour or two before making up soup. You don't want to put all your vegetables in too early because they will dissolve (especially the potatoes).
Take the fresh tomatoes, the canned tomatoes and garlic cloves and liquify in my Vitamix mixer. Put all ingredients in a large pot. If you need more liquid, use water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about an hour. Note - it's good to freeze.

Last week I made this homemade soup and had the family over. When I went to peel the potatoes I found this heart shaped potato. Isn't it neat!?!

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com