..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bodies Left Behind by Jeffery Deaver


This is not a Lincoln Rhyme novel.

I enjoyed this novel. A couple go to spend their weekend at their lake home at Lake Mondac. The wife is Emma Feldman, an attorney who is involved in some potentially damaging cases with some high profile people. The husband is Steven Feldman, a social worker. Just as they begin to relax, the house is broken into and they are executed. The husband had been able to dial 911 but didn't have a chance to tell the operator anything. So Deputy Brynn McKenzie, whose personal life is a mess, is sent out just to check. When she gets there she comes face-to-face with the killers and a survivor. In a trek to survive through the state park surrounding Lake Mondac, Brynn goes through 12 hours of terror. Who would kill these people? Why are they bent on tracking Brynn down? Can she make it safely out of the wilderness?

It's a twister and the hunt is on. I liked Brynn and the book kept me going. The ending was a little too pat. I wasn't sure why Deaver left the main protagonist to such a haphazard end. But the book has a happy ending. I still like Lincoln Rhyme better.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com