..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Monday, November 24, 2008

I Thank God For...

Our trip to Myrtle Beach, SC this weekend. We had to winterize our camper and we had a nice weekend. It was very cold and windy on Friday and Saturday but our camper was nicely heated and we had our warm little nest. I did a little bit of shopping at the Tanger Outlet Mall on Hwy 501 and bought some Revereware and Pyrex mixing bowls with lids. My melamine mixing bowls are starting to crack so I've been looking for good stainless steel bowls but with plastic lids. I found 3 small ones and then I just bought a 4 qt Pyrex bowl with lid. At least it's lighter and tougher glass but weight is a real consideration for me. I wish I could have found good quality larger stainless steel bowls with lids since they are lightweight and tough. The rest of the time I read and I finished 3 books over the weekend.

Our safety going and coming on this trip. God took care of us and we didn't have any accidents or car trouble.

An adorable little boy we saw at the beach. He was probably 5-7 yrs old and bouncing around with a cardboard box on his back. He came over to talk to me (he saw Persephone and wanted to see her) and we got to ask what his box was all about. It seems his father had used cardboard boxes to make him a "Transformer" outfit and the little boy painted it. He plopped down and the box fell over his little body and he was "transformed" into an army tank. He was so cute and his idea was so cute. We got such a kick out of it. And he was on his was to the indoor pool so he could show other people how he could "transform". God bless that little cutie pie!

Persephone. She went with us on our trip and she is no trouble at all. She travels so well. The boys would travel well too but not little Miss MoneyPenny who is too curious and hyper to take any where. But Sephy went shopping with me and rode in the car and stayed in the camper very well. She did get sick and threw up but it was no problem. She's so little that it's easy to clean up. I gave her some Kaopectate and she was fine. She just cannot eat anything other than her normal dog food and home water. Anything the least bit new and it upsets her system.

Seafood. We ate at Lee's Inlet Kitchen in Murrell's Inlet, SC. We have gone to this restaurant over many years and it was good as usual. Despite the season being over, I was surprised what was still open and what was closed. For instance, the camper's grocery store and coffee shop were closed although the campground was opened and there were plenty of people there. Restaurants were open but souvenir shops were closed, etc. But we ate well and I love good seafood. We also had a great breakfast at the Woodhaven (another goldie oldie for breakfasts) and the IHOP.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com