..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking

I've really been learning some new things lately! I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements a year ago and for some reason it didn't come with a manual and the program says I don't have any "Help" installed. It's made it pretty difficult for me to learn a new program in a totally new genre for me. APE will help you organize, edit and print photos but it's a lot more than it sounds! I've been reading about digital scrapbooking and I've been learning how to use my computer more and more.

I've always used my digital camera and the computer to store the digital photos. I know how to organize them in folders. I know how to print them using my printer software. I've used Microsoft Word for titles and journaling. But, I've been learning how to edit the photos and how to do some special effects and now I'm learning how to use digital scrapbook elements. It's exciting! Here are some of my results!

From Scrapbooking with Sharon in SC

I took the photos in the digital layout above at the Magnolia Cemetery in Charleston, SC. I've been wondering how to effectively use them in a layout. And I've been practising my Adobe Photoshop Elements software and slowly, but surely, learning how to use various things. I thought this turned out pretty good.

From Scrapbooking with Sharon in SC
This is a family photograph of one of our ancestors, Anderson Miller aka Ance. Ance is seated in the middle with his wife on the right holding a baby girl. These are all their children except for my direct ancestor, Noda Vesta Miller (Lamb). She was born later. She was my great grandmother and she died during the Flu Epidemic of 1918/1919. Anyway, I chose a digi paper background and I learned how to use a "brush". You can find free brushes to download and then use them with any "brush" tool. In this case I used an eraser and chose a floral stem and made the opacity very light and clicked in a few locations on the background. Then I used a digi twig element to lay the twigs behind the photo. I used these digi elements: stitching frame, circle, date stamp, label, handwriting paper (which I antiqued with a light airbrushing). I'm pleased with the results.

From Scrapbooking with Sharon in SC
I did this digital layout yesterday. I used a dark red, embossed digital paper and then used a denim paper for the bottom half. I used the rectangle tool in Adobe to make the journaling blocks. I used Adobe to filter the photo of people standing in line to vote and make it look more like a watercolor painting. I used some more digi brushes with the eraser tool to make the scattered stars on the bottom and the cloud like puffs in the top. I used Adobe's text features for the titles and journaling. I used these digital embellishments: staples, brackets, ribbon.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com