..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Stan's Smoked Boston Butt Pork Roast

From Food



Stan's Smoked Boston Butt Pork Roast

3lb Boston Butt Pork Roast
Stan's Rub (see recipe for rub below)

Using a charcoal grill, he gets his charcoal hot and places some dry wood (use a wood that will season the meat like apple wood, mesquite, oak, etc). Stan rubs the butt roast and wraps in aluminum foil. He places it on the rack on the grill and closes it up and leaves it for an hour. Then he went out and peeled back the aluminum foil and closed the grill and left it overnight to get the smoke flavor. Early the next morning, he brought it into the house and I put it in a casserole dish (still wrapped in the tin foil) and leave it in the oven on 225F throughout the day. It is so tender that it pulls apart easily and is ready to serve. You can serve with a bottle of BBQ Sauce because some might want to put some sauce on their serving. But I like it just like it is.

Stan's Rub

Brown Sugar
Paprika
Chili powder
Salt & Pepper
Garlic powder
Celery seed
Cayenne pepper

I don't know the exact amounts although he said it was more sugar than the others. He makes up a batch at a time and we keep it in sealed container. He likes to use it on chicken, steaks, pork.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com