..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Broken Window by Jeffery Deaver

From Books


A Lincoln Rhyme mystery

Deaver's latest Rhyme novel is another good read. Lincoln Rhyme's cousin, Arthur Rhyme, has been arrested for murder in a slam dunk case. Lincoln and Arthur have been estranged since college but Lincoln checks into the case and finds the evidence points too perfectly at Arthur.

"'Maybe he wasn't playing innocent. Maybe he was innocent...Pretty incriminating, you said? No. Too incriminating.'

He thought to himself: Let's just postulate that he didn't do it. If not, then the consequences were significant. Because this wasn't simply a case of mistake identity; the evidence matched too closely - including a conclusive connection between her blood and his car. No, if Art was innocent, then someone had gone to a great deal of trouble to set him up."

Rhyme and his girlfriend, Amelia Sachs, and their crew get on the job and find the dangerous criminal who has been murdering and planting evidence on innocent people for quite awhile now.

Knowing Deaver, I tried to pick the least suspicious character in the book as the murderer, but I was still wrong! I'll give you a hint about the theme of this book...Deaver recommends reading No Place To Hide by Robert O'Harrow, Jr. That's all I'm gonna say!

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com