..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Time Warp Wives

Let me start out by saying, I'm living my dream. I'm a housewife and that is all I've ever wanted to be. My bad health disables me but, with accommodation, I keep a good house. Being a Stay-At-Home-Wife (SAHW) suits me just fine. I try not to be compulsive but I do try to learn and perfect my chosen "career" of being a housewife.

It took a long time for my husband to understand my lack of ambition to have a "paying" career. Because I'm not paid, he didn't see it as valuable. I worked outside the home parttime due to my increasingly bad health for the first 20 years of our married life. But I was never happy with it. I was good at what I did but it wasn't fulfilling to me. My only ambition was to be a good housewife, domestic engineer. Finally my health was such that I was unable to work outside the home. For the last 12 years I've learned how to accommodate my disabilities and keep our home. And my husband has found out that he likes for me to be at home. He's begun to appreciate it and value it. So it's become a win-win situation for us both. Every woman doesn't feel this way but it's not nice to make fun of women who do choose this kind of life. My husband doesn't keep me "bare foot and pregnant in the kitchen" and he doesn't tyrannize me and keep me "in my place". I don't wait on him hand and foot like a slave. I am doing what I want to do and he accepts me as I am and values me and my contribution. I try to do the same for him. It's about mutual respect.

With this, let me introduce you to something I found online. It's really unusual and, therefore, pretty neat. These women CHOOSE to live a certain lifestyle that is so intriguing. I love history and am intrigued by the old days. I can see the lure of re-enactment. These women are re-enacting a certain time in history as a lifestyle. As long as they are enjoying themselves, I think it's cool. Check out the Time Warp Wives at the link below:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1042702/Time-Warp-Wives-Meet-women-really-live-past.html

Go and grab a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy. You are going to die when you see! Watch this one first... and this one second

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com