..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Pear and Orange Compote



Pear and Orange Compote


6 ripe but firm pears
2 medium navel oranges, unpeeled, sliced
1/4 to 1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup water
dash salt
3 tablespoons butter

Preparation:Cut a thin slice off bottom of each pear so they will stand up. Place pears, orange slices, and raisins in a 3-quart baking dish. Combine brown sugar, water, and salt; pour over the fruits, covering orange slices well. Dot with butter. Bake, covered, at 325°, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, basting fruit occasionally. Serve warm. Serves 6 to 8.

Source: About.com

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com