..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz


This is a great book! Another Koontz winner in my book.

Amy Redwing has a terrible past that she ran away from and now runs a Golden Retriever rescue organization called Golden Hearts. She is the girlfriend of an architect named Brian McCarthy who has his own past to come to grips with. Amy gets a call from an abused wife to rescue their Golden Retriever from her drunken, violent husband. She and Brian ride out there and not only save the beautiful Golden Retriever named Nickie but the wife and their two abused children too. Nickie turns out to be an exceptional dog and Nickie helps them confront and overcome their pasts.

There is much evil and some bad language but it was an appropriate part of the story. The only beef I have with Koontz is that the build up was the whole book and the resolution was one page! I would have liked to feel a little righteous revenge and had the resolution last a little longer. But the book ends well and that helps.

Koontz's love for dogs showed through this book and resonated with me.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com