..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Friday, July 18, 2008

Myrtle Beach, SC


We had very pleasant weather yesterday and today. The humidity is low which is a miracle in July and the heat is not only bearable but it's pleasant enough to be outside. I made eggs and sausage breakfast and cleaned up. Then I sat outside for awhile and read. I did my devotions and then read my current novel. I had Persephone in my lap and we had a jacket on and a beach towel over us because it was actually COOL! Lee and Melinda were still a little peaked so we rested until about 11:00am. Then we went to one of the indoor flea markets. You see, it's so hot here in the winter time that they have used old "box buildings" for indoor flea markets. I bought a cute Miniature Pinscher t-shirt but no one had any Italian Greyhound t-shirts. Then we had lunch at Hardees. I got the Prime Rib Burger and it was awful so I only ate half of it. We took Lee back to the trailer since his back was still hurting and then Melinda and I went to a local Goodwill Thrift Store. Then we went to my favorite antique place here, Legacy Antique Mall. I had bought some silver and large faceted low grade ruby jewelry on layaway last time I was here. I was able to get the jewelry out on this trip. It's so pretty!

When we got back to the RV, we took an hour's rest and then got ready and went to Drunken Jack's in Murrell's Inlet for an early dinner. It's been at least 10 years since I've been there. The last couple of times we had gone, the food wasn't good. I even had to send the shrimp gumbo back but they didn't offer to replace it with anything so we've not been back but Lee really wanted to go. It's expensive for the amount of food you get but at least the food was good this time. When we got back to the camper it was still pretty early in the evening. We watched Family Guy and I was asleep by 9:30pm.

Today it was cloudy and then it was bright sunshine. The humidity was a little higher but still not too uncomfortable. We went back to the flea market and this time I bought a tiny tiara for Persephone and, if Jenny has a little baby girl, then we could get a photo of her wearing a tiny tiara as a newborn. Then we went on to Boardwalk On The Beach. It's an outdoor mall and amusement center. We ate a big lunch at Senor Frogs (it wasn't clean enough for my tastes but the food was really good). Then we shopped around. Melinda and I really enjoyed it but Lee's back was still hurting him so he was getting miserable. That wreck did a number on him. We saw some of the cutest things. I took a lot of photos which I will share with you next week. We went to a dog store and I bought a magnet that says "I {heart} Italian Greyhounds" and a sticker of an Iggy to put on my car.

It started clouding up again and had a few sprinkles so we decided it was time to go back to the trailer. By the time we got back I was so tired I could barely think. Melinda and I, and Persephone, took a rest time. I was hurting so bad I couldn't go to sleep but at least I got an hour's quiet time. Now I'm at the coffee house.




























More of Melinda's photos.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com