..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Monday, July 07, 2008

Melinda's Blackberry Cobbler

"As many of you know, I have been picking the wild blackberries around here over the last few weeks. Mike and I have been experimenting with cobbler creations and this is mine. -Melinda"


Melinda's Blackberry Cobbler
1 box Jiffy Biscuit Mix
1 cup organic brown sugar (or just sugar)
1 cup of organic whole milk (or just whole milk)
1 stick of organic butter melted (or just butter)
1/2 cup of water
As many blackberries as you want or have on hand

- Preheat oven to 400'.
- Spray large casserole dish with vegetable spray (to keep cobbler from sticking)
- Wash berries and put about 3/4 of the sugar onto berries and shake to coat.
- Melt butter in microwave
- Mix Jiffy Biscuit mix, milk, remaining sugar and melted butter to the consistency of thick pancake batter
- Pour berries into bottom of casserole dish. Pour in the 1/2 cup water around the edges of the casserole dish
- Cover evenly with batter and shake casserole dish gently to evenly distribute dough over the berries
- Place in oven for 45 minutes or until a golden brown
- Take out to cool slightly before serving
- Excellent hot with vanilla ice cream!

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com