..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Presumption Of Death by Jill Paton Walsh & Dorothy L. Sayers

A Presumption Of Death by Jill Paton Walsh and Dorothy L. Sayers

This wonderful book was based on some of Dorothy L. Sayers last writings concerning Lord Peter Wimsey and his wife, Harriet. From November 1939 to January 1940 Dorothy Sayers made a series of contributions to the Spectator magazine consisting of mock letters to and from various members of the Wimsey family about war-time conditions. These contributions were referred to as "The Wimsey Papers". There was also a short story called "Talboys" contained in the volume "Striding Folly" which shows Peter and Harriet and their children living in the country in their farmhouse peacefully together in 1942. Jill Walsh took these papers and made a story around them and did a wondeful job! I loved this book and highly recommend it!

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com