..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Monday, May 19, 2008

Sharon's Bean Soup

Sharon's Bean Soup



I made this huge crockpot of bean soup for my family for Friday night. We were having a yard sale at my house on Saturday morning so I knew everyone would be bringing their truckloads of stuff on Friday night so I made it into a party.

2 cups dry pinto beans, rinsed
2 cups dry black eyed peas, rinsed
1 cup dry lentils, rinsed
1 cup dry peas, rinsed
2 cups dry lima beans, rinsed
1 cup dry navy beans, rinsed
3/4 cup barley
Water to cover
3 slices of raw bacon
3 stalks of celery, washed and diced
1 lg vidalia onion, diced
2 cups fingerling raw carrots, washed and sliced
1 lg can of diced tomatoes
salt & pepper
Fresh herbs, picked, rinsed and chopped:
parsley
fennel
oregano
thyme
basil
cilantro

I put all the ingredients into my crockpot and put enough water to cover. Keep an eye on the crockpot because all those beans soak up water big time. I even had to take some beans out to make room. (For those extra beans I put them on the stove to simmer.) I had them on high for about 5 hours. Served with corn bread.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com