..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Italian Secretary by Caleb Carr



A Sherlock Holmes mystery commissioned by the estate of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I thought it was one of the best books that is supposed to be like the original and yet written by a modern author. I thought it was just like a Doyle Holmes/Watson mystery. Carr got it, as far as I was concerned.

Holmes brother, Mycroft, sends him a cryptic telegram inviting Holmes and Watson to come to the Queen's Royal Palace of Holyrood in Edinburgh, Scotland. It's supposedly haunted by the murdered Italian secretary of Mary, Queen of Scots. There have been some horrible new murders and people are saying that it's by the vengeful ghost but Mycroft is worried it may be related to foreign policies of the Queen. Holmes and Watson follow the clues to a satisfactory conclusion.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com