..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Saturday, February 16, 2008

I Am From...

I am from...generations of solid Christians, Baptist ministers, deacons, Sunday School teachers.


I am from...the days of Black & White TV, 3 channels, manually adjusting vertical lines and putting tin foil on the rabbit ears to try to get rid of snow in the picture.


I am from...I Love Lucy, Captain Kangaroo, Looney Tunes cartoons.


I am from...Campbell's chicken noodle soup, popcorn, and iced tea.


I am from...the whirrr of the sewing machine, cigarette smoke, cups of coffee and soap operas on quiet afternoons.


I am from...Nancy Drew, children's mysteries, Victoria Holt and the classics.


I am from...Krispy Kreme Donuts, hard work as a waitress at an early age, and working harder because you were family.


I am from...summer days at the lake, running barefoot in the grass, hot dogs, watermelon and sparklers.


I am from...doctor visits, surgery, medicine every day, fear.


I am from...Vick's Vapor Rub on my chest, mustard poultices, aspirin for colds.


I am from...Barbie dolls, books, and dress up.


I am from...a wonderful family, lots of love, lots of time, lots of teaching.


I am from...insecurities that came from nowhere, fear that was based on nothing, nervousness that agitated me for no reason, shyness that held me back.


I am from...church, Sunday School, Bible teaching, Vacation Bible School.


I am a sinner saved by grace.


I am a Christian.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com