..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Tips

Household Tips

* Go right now and wash your dryer lint screen. I don't just mean to pull the lint out but take it to the sink and scrub it with a toothbrush and warm, soapy water. You see, the dryer sheets or softener on the clothes puts a coating on the screen making it inefficient and put a strain on the dryer. If you wash that screen every few months, it will keep your dryer working a lot longer.

* When you unload the dishwasher go ahead and set the table for the next meal.

* You don't have to buy books new. I only buy new books when it's a favorite author that I just can't wait to read the newest offering. And those are only a few. You can get books very cheaply at library book sales, yard sales, thrift stores, antique malls, used book stores, bargain books at the big book stores. In my part of the country I can get the cheapest deals at yard sales. Usually $ .50-$1.00 for hard backs and $ .10-$ .50 for paperbacks. At thrift stores you can get hard back books for about $1.00-$2.00@. At library book sales you can get books for $1.00 @. Sometimes, on the last day, they will sell them by the bagfuls for $1.00. At antique malls and used book stores you can expect to pay $5-$10 for hard backs and bargain books at the big book stores are usually $5.98-$9.98. When you consider that a brand new book sells for $28.00-$35.00@ you see how much money you can save by waiting and buying bargains! But, the cheapest, is to use your local library! It costs nothing to check out books at the library. If new ones come out that you see at Barnes & Nobles, make note of it and get online. Check to see if your library has it. If they have it, put a hold on it and wait for it. My library calls to let me know it's in and I make plans to get it. To be even more thrifty...arrange your errands to include the visit to the library so you aren't wasting gas. Make sure you read it and get it back to the library in time so that there are no late charges.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com