..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Saturday, January 12, 2008

A "Modern" Boudoir







I found this Kittinger laquer set from the 1930’s. Isn’t it gorgeous!?! Just think how modern they thought they were at the time. In the days before space, in the beginnings of airplanes and telephones and TVs. In the days before computers, 8 lane interstate highways, and the Internet…this was what they thought was modern! Of course, 75 years from today, someone will be writing about what we think of as modern in 2008! And will the furniture that we buy today till be around in 75 years? I doubt the pressboard stuff with wood laminate on it will last 10 years, much less 75 years.


I just thought this was a lovely, graceful, elegant set and wanted to share it with you.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com