..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Scott's Holiday Salad

Scott's Holiday Salad

Source: Better Homes And Garden, November, 2007, pg 274

1/2 cup cold water
2 envelopes plain gelatin
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 cups peeled and diced cucumbers
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/2 cup celery, diced
vegetable oil

In bowl pour 1/2 cup cold water. Sprinkle the gelatin over water to soften about 10 minutes. In a nonreactive saucepan, combine 1 cup water, the vinegar, sugar, and salt. cook and stir over medium heat until hot and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; add softened gelatin mixture. Stir until dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl. Place bowl over a larger bowl of ice. As it begins to thicken stir in the vegetables. Pour into an oiled dish or mold. Place plastic wrap on the top and put in the refrigerator for 4 hours. To unmold, dip mold briefly in hot water and invert onto a serving platter.

*Note-I made this this afternoon and it was delicious. My husband says it's good but he can't get passed it being a gelatin salad. I took a sample to my sister and she loved it too. Very fresh tasting and would be a refreshing summer salad...cold, refreshing, crunchy, sweet/sour! Sort of like how Gazpacho is.



No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com