..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Pesto

Last night we were suppose to have a freeze. Our first freeze. So I snipped all my basil off and washed it. I'm going to run to the grocery store to get what I need to make Pesto and freeze it!

Pesto

2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Process in food processor and serve over pasta.

*Note* For freezing a pesto base, use about 5 cups of leaves, and enough olive oil to make it process well. Freeze this flat in freezer bags. Then when you want it, just take it out, break it up into a bowl and defrost. Add garlic, oregano, and enough cheese to turn the color pea green. Then add a ladleful of the pasta water just before serving. Taste before you add salt

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com