..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Our Mouth, Part II


Psalm 139: 8
For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.

Psalm 35: 28
And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness And of Your praise all the day long.

Our pastor, Pastor Barry Shepps, did an excellent sermon on how important our words are on Sunday. I need help in this area and decided to go into a more detailed study that I'm sharing with you.

Yesterday I created a post of how important our words are. I talked in detail about what the Bible has to say about how ugly our mouth can be and how concerned God is that we use our tongue wisely. Today I want to talk about how we can use our tongue for good.

What is wholesome and good speech?

Praise and Worship - Expression of approval, commendation, or admiration; to express warm approbation of, commendation for, or admiration for; to exalt or worship; to give esteem; to glorify; reverent love and devotion accorded a deity; to honor and love a deity; to regard with ardent or adoring esteem or devotion; to ascribe worth; to honor

Psalm 34: 1
I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

Psalm 35: 28
And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness And of Your praise all the day long.

Psalm 45: 1
My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

Psalm 51: 15
O Lord, open my lips, And my mouth shall show forth Your praise.

Psalm 63: 5
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.

Psalm 66: 1
Make a joyful shout to God, all the earth! Sing out the honor of His name; Make His praise glorious. Say to God, "How awesome are Your works! Through the greatness of Your power Your enemies shall submit themselves to You. All the earth shall worship You And sing praises to You; They shall sing praises to Your name." Selah

Psalm 66: 16-17
Come and hear, all you who fear God, And I will declare what He has done for my soul. I cried to Him with my mouth, And He was extolled with my tongue.

Psalm 71: 8
Let my mouth be filled with Your praise And with Your glory all the day.

Psalm 71: 23-24
My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing to You, And my soul, which You have redeemed. My tongue also shall talk of Your righteousness all the day long; For they are confounded, For they are brought to shame Who seek my hurt.

Psalm 119: 108
Accept, I pray, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O Lord, And teach me Your judgments.

Psalm 119: 171
My lips shall utter praise, For You teach me Your statutes.

Zechariah recieved a prophecy that he would have a son named John (the Baptist). He had a hard time believing the prophesy and was struck dumb. When his wife, indeed, had a son and Zechariah called him John, as the Lord had instructed, he recieved his speech back.
Luke 1: 64
Immediately his mouth was opened and his tongue loosed, and he spoke, praising God.

Acts 10: 44-46
While Peter was still speaking these words (he was preaching to the Gentiles), the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God.


********************************************
Wisdom - Common sense; good judgment; the ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight; knowledge; wise teachings; deep, thorough, or mature understanding

Psalm 37: 30
The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, And his tongue talks of justice.

Psalm 49: 3
My mouth shall speak wisdom, And the meditation of my heart shall give understanding.

Proverbs 8: 6-10
Listen, for I will speak of excellent things, And from the opening of my lips will come right things; For my mouth will speak truth; Wickedness is an abomination to my lips. All the words of my mouth are with righteousness; Nothing crooked or perverse is in them. They are all plain to him who understands, And right to those who find knowledge. Receive my instruction, and not silver, And knowledge rather than choice gold; For wisdom is better than rubies,

Proverbs 10: 31
The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom, But the perverse tongue will be cut out.

Proverbs 15: 2
The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, But the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness.

Proverbs 18: 4
The words of a man's mouth are deep waters; The wellspring of wisdom is a flowing brook.

Ecclesiastes 10: 12-14
The words of a wise man's mouth are gracious, But the lips of a fool shall swallow him up; The words of his mouth begin with foolishness, And the end of his talk is raving madness. A fool also multiplies words. No man knows what is to be; Who can tell him what will be after him?


********************************************
Teaching about God - To impart knowledge; to instruct; to cause to learn by example or experience; to educate; formal instruction; to train or drill with rigorous instruction often by repetition or routine

Psalm 34: 11
Come, you children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord.

Psalm 40: 5
Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works Which You have done; And Your thoughts toward us Cannot be recounted to You in order; If I would declare and speak of them, They are more than can be numbered.

Psalm 51: 13
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners shall be converted to You.

Psalm 119: 172
My tongue shall speak of Your word, For all Your commandments are righteousness.

Proverbs 15: 1-2
A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, But the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness.

Ezekial 44: 23
"And [Priests] shall teach My people the difference between the holy and the unholy, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean."

Matthew 7: 28
And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching, for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Acts 5: 42
And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

Romans 12: 6-9
Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

I Corinthian 12: 27-28
Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.

Colossians 1: 28
Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.

I Timothy 4: 11
These things command and teach.

Titus 2: 3-5
The older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.

********************************************
To utter kindnesses - Fiendly, generous, or warm-hearted; showing sympathy or understanding; charitable; humane; considerate; generous; agreeable; benevolent; a desire to promote the welfare or happiness of others; gentleness and mildness;

Proverbs 19: 22
What is desired in a man is kindness,

Proverbs 31: 26
She opens her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the law of kindness.

Jeremiah 2: 1-2
Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying, "Go and cry in the hearing of Jerusalem, saying, 'Thus says the Lord: "I remember you, The kindness of your youth, The love of your betrothal, When you went after Me in the wilderness, In a land not sown.

Romans 12: 10
Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;

I Corinthians 13: 4
Love suffers long and is kind;

Galatians 5: 22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

Ephesians 4: 32
And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.

Colossians 3: 12
Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;

II Peter 1: 5
But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.


********************************************
Witnessing - One who can give a firsthand account of something seen, heard, or experienced as in what Christ has done for them; to testify; to show proof; to have personal knowledge of; to take note and observe; to bear witness; a formal declaration of truth; to confirm as genuine

Psalm 71: 15
My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness And Your salvation all the day, For I do not know their limits.

Psalm 89:1
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever; With my mouth will I make known Your faithfulness to all generations.

Isaiah 43: 10-12
"You are My witnesses," says the Lord, "And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no savior. I have declared and saved, I have proclaimed, And there was no foreign god among you; Therefore you are My witnesses," Says the Lord, "that I am God.

Matthew 24: 14
"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Luke 24: 46-48
Then He said to them, "Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And you are witnesses of these things."

Matthew 28: 19
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Acts 2: 7
Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, "Look, are not all these who speak Galileans? And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born Parthians and Medes and Elamites,...Cretans and Arabs-we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God."

Acts 4: 33
And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.



********************************************
Preaching - To proclaim or put forth in a sermon; o advocate, especially to urge acceptance of or compliance with; to deliver religious instruction to a large group

Ecclesiates 12: 10
The Preacher sought to find acceptable words; and what was written was upright-words of truth.

Jonah 3: 1
Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the second time, saying, "Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and preach to it the message that I tell you."

Matthew 3:1-2
In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!"

Matthew 4: 17
From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Matthew 4: 23
And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people.

Matthew 10: 7
"And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Matthew 10: 27
"Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops.

Matthew 11: 5
"The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them."

Matthew 24: 14
"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

Acts 5: 42
And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

Acts 8: 4
Therefore those who were scattered went everywhere preaching the word.

Acts 8: 12
But when they believed Philip as he preached the things concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were baptized

Acts 8: 35
Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him.

Acts 10: 35-36,
Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him...And He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead.

Acts 17: 2
Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures,explaining and demonstrating that the Christ had to suffer and rise again from the dead, and saying, "This Jesus whom I preach to you is the Christ."

Romans 1: 15-16
So, as much as is in me, I am ready to preach the gospel to you who are in Rome also. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.

I Corinthians 1: 17
For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.

II Corinthians 4: 5
For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus' sake.

Galatians 1: 11-12,
But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ...But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called me through His grace,to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood,

Ephesians 3: 8
To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,

Colossians 1: 28
Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.

********************************************
Praying - To utter or address a prayer or prayers to God; to make a fervent request; to ask imploringly; beseech; to make supplications to God; to appeal, beseech, plead; to make our needs known to God; to ask God

Psalm 5: 2
Give heed to the voice of my cry, My King and my God, For to You I will pray.

Psalm 17: 1
Hear a just cause, O Lord, Attend to my cry; Give ear to my prayer which is not from deceitful lips.

Psalm 19: 14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.

Psalm 54: 2
Hear my prayer, O God; Give ear to the words of my mouth.

Psalm 88: 2
Let my prayer come before You; Incline Your ear to my cry.

Psalm 141: 2
Let my prayer be set before You as incense, The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

Proverbs 15: 8, 29
The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, But the prayer of the upright is His delight...The Lord is far from the wicked, But He hears the prayer of the righteous.

Daniel 6: 10
Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open toward Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as was his custom since early days. Then these men assembled and found Daniel praying and making supplication before his God.

Luke 11: 2
So He said to them, "When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one."

Luke 22: 32
"But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."

********************************************
Truth - A fact or actuality; a statement proven to be true; accuracy and honesty; reality; fidelity to an original

Psalm 15: 1-2
Lord, who may abide in Your tabernacle? Who may dwell in Your holy hill? He who walks uprightly, And works righteousness, And speaks the truth in his heart;

Psalm 51: 6
Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.

Psalm 119: 30
I have chosen the way of truth; Your judgments I have laid before me.

Proverbs 8: 6-10
Listen, for I will speak of excellent things, And from the opening of my lips will come right things; For my mouth will speak truth; Wickedness is an abomination to my lips. All the words of my mouth are with righteousness; Nothing crooked or perverse is in them. They are all plain to him who understands, And right to those who find knowledge. Receive my instruction, and not silver, And knowledge rather than choice gold; For wisdom is better than rubies,

Proverbs 12: 17
He who speaks truth declares righteousness, But a false witness, deceit.

Proverbs 12: 19, 22
The truthful lip shall be established forever, But a lying tongue is but for a moment.
Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, But those who deal truthfully are His delight.

Malachi 2: 6
The law of truth was in his mouth, And injustice was not found on his lips. He walked with Me in peace and equity, And turned many away from iniquity.

John 8: 32
"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

John 14: 6
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Romans 9: 1
"I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit,"

Ephesians 4: 25
Therefore, putting away lying, "Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor," for we are members of one another.

I John 3: 18-19
My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him.

********************************************
Encouraging, edifying - Instruct so as to encourage intellectual, moral, or spiritual improvement; to build someone up; to enlighten one with good things; to inspire with hope, courage, or confidence; hearten; to support; to stimulate to higher things; to impart courage, inspiration, and resolution; to cheer

Acts 11: 23
When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord.

Acts 16: 40
So they went out of the prison and entered the house of Lydia; and when they had seen the brethren, they encouraged them and departed.

Acts 20: 2
Now when he had gone over that region and encouraged them with many words, he came to Greece and stayed three months.

Romans14: 19
Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another.

I Corinthians 14: 31
For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged.

Ephesians 5: 18-19
And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Colossians 2: 1
For I want you to know what a great conflict I have for you and those in Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh, that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ,

I Thessalonians 3: 1
Therefore, when we could no longer endure it, we thought it good to be left in Athens alone, and sent Timothy, our brother and minister of God, and our fellow laborer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you and encourage you concerning your faith,

I Thessalonians 5: 11
Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.



It's important to learn self control over our mouths. It's one of the most difficult things you can do but the Holy Spirit within us can help us. I'm hoping that doing this study has helped me and you to be more aware of our mouths.

Proverbs 10: 20
The tongue of the righteous is choice silver; The heart of the wicked is worth little.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com