..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Squash Pizza

Squash Pizza

I had a couple of large summer squash (yellow, crookneck) and I wanted to whip them up fast for lunch. This idea came to me:

2 large yellow, crookneck, summer squash, washed, sliced in 1/2" slices
Italian Seasoning
Salt & Pepper
Mozzarella cheese, shredded


I sprayed a cookie sheet with butter Pam and laid the raw slices of squash out on the sheet. I sprinkled them with seasoning and salt & pepper. Then I sprinkled mozzarella cheese on each slice. I broiled them on low until the cheese began to brown. I turned off the broiler but let them sit in the hot oven about 10 more minutes. You don't want the cheese to burn but it helped finish the squash to just the right consistency (you don't want them too mushy). Then serve! It was easy, healthy and quick. My Mother-in-law said it would be nice to add a dab of pizza sauce or a dab or butter to each slice before you put the mozzarella cheese on it.

Source: Me!

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com