..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Friday, July 27, 2007

Roasted Patty Pan Squash

Roasted Patty Pan Squash

I bought bacon on sale. I like to cook it all at one time, put helpings in freezer bags and freeze. Then we take it out as we need it and throw it in the microwave for a quick breakfast. So I layered a pan with tin foil, put the bacon on it and put it in the oven to bake. When it was done and I had all the bacon in the freezer, I decided to make roasted Patty Pan Squash.
I washed and cut up the patty pan squash and cut it in chunks. I put it in the tin foil with the bacon grease. I rolled it around to coat. Then I salted and put in the oven on 400 until it looked done. Then I turned on the broiler for a few minutes and monitored it. When it started turning brown on top I pulled it out. I froze it too.

This was a way to use the bacon grease and you get a lot of helpings of bacon and squash with one "preparation and clean up". Oh, and while I had the bacon out, I took fresh green beans, parboiled them for a minute, drained and rinsed in cold water to stop the cooking. I took a bundle and wrapped in a strip of bacon. I did four of these and popped them in the freezer. They can be baked later. Efficiency. If you try to do several things at the same time it saves on prep/clean up.
For example, I made 4 sets of bacon, 1 set of bacon wrapped green beans and 2 helpings of roasted patty pan squash all at one time and with 1 pan and 1 pot and 1 clean up. Or I could cook 4 strips of bacon one morning, and again on 3 other mornings and clean up after each breakfast (4 cleanups). Then I have to make the bacon wrapped bundles one night for dinner and clean up. For two other meals I have to roast the patty pan squash and clean up. So I was being efficient and saving time!!! Don't we all want to do that?

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com