..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Our collection of Civil War Prints

My husband and I enjoy history, especially the War of Northern Aggression. I'm also an amateur genealogist. So our artwork reflects this.























This is one of the last flags flown over the SC Capital Building. My uncle is SC Senator Glenn Reese and he got it for me. He signed the letter of certification. I had it framed in a red suede matte with a gold frame. It is right by the front door because we are very proud of it.



























This is a print of the explosion at Petersburg , VA. The Yankees tunnelled under the beseiging Confederate Army. They set explosions off that buried a contingent of men from Union County, SC. My husband's direct ancestor was too young to fight but his 3 brothers were in this contingent. One had come home but the other two were there when the explosions occurred. One was buried up to his neck and he promised a Yankee the plug of tobacco in his pocket if he would dig him up. The other brother was buried alive and his brother identified him when he saw his feet sticking up wearing the socks that their Grandmother had knitted for them.

This print is called "Battle of the Crater" by Tom Lovell.




These are 2 inexpensive prints of General Robert E. Lee and General Stonewall Jackson that we got in Lexington, VA. I had them nicely framed with some Civil War bullets in the corners.


















This is a John Paul Strain print. He is our favorite Civil War artist. This is General Robert E. Lee and is titled "On To Gettysburg". Our family visited Gettysburg and we really enjoyed it. It was a very memorable trip!


















This is a Mort Kunstler print of General Robert E. Lee and General Stonewall Jackson. As you will see we really love REL and SJ!
All of our prints are framed in suede because I love the depth of color and texture. We did not stint on the framing.
















Another John Paul Strain print of General Stonewall Jackson and his horse. This one is titled "On To Manassas". This was the first one we bought.




This John Paul Strain print is "Heat At Catherine's Furnace" and is JEB Stuart and Stonewall Jackson.




















This is a popular print and wasn't expensive but we had it nicely framed. It is General Stonewall Jackson praying and is by William L. Maugham.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com