..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Tomato Pie

It's getting to be that time of year! When we can start cooking with fresh vegetables from the garden. I don't have a garden but I watch my neighbor's gardens. Our backyard neighbor's have the prettiest yard and garden. Since I come from a farming family, I recognize their hard work and appreciate what it takes to make those luscious vegetables and those gorgeous flowers.

Even though I don't have a garden, I love to cook with fresh vegetables and I do grow my own herbs in large pots on my patio. So pull out your summer recipes and start cooking with fresh ingredients. It's already making my mouth water!

Tomato Pie

1 9” pie crust
2-3 medium tomatoes, peeled and sliced
½ tsp dried basil
salt and pepper
1/8 cup chopped fresh chives
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 425F. Bake the crust for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 400F. Line pie crust with 2-3 layers of tomatoes, covering the bottom completely. Sprinkle tomato slices with salt, pepper, basil and chives. In a small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise and cheese. Carefully spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over tomato slices. Bake for 35 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly. Serve hot.

Source: Spartanburg Herald Journal Stroller Cookbook 2002, by Sheila A. McGraw, pg 34

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com