..........Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com.........

Contact me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Southern Fried Chicken


Southern Fried Chicken

Most countries have a version of fried chicken. Mary Randolph, in the third printing of "Virginia House-Wife" (1828), told how to make fried chicken. I wouldn't be a Southern Belle without preferring Southern Fried Chicken. Here is how I make it.


Chicken pieces
buttermilk
egg
flour
salt/pepper
oil

Marinade your chicken in buttermilk overnight. Scramble some raw egg with a little of the buttermilk. Mix flour, salt, pepper on a platter. Heat oil in iron frying pan (about 3/4 " deep). Place each chicken piece in the egg, buttermilk mixture, dredge in flour mixture and put in frying pan. Brown both sides and then cover but turn chicken frequently until golden brown. About 10 mins per side. Drain on a platter lined with paper towels.

No comments:

My Most Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Me

To contact me, email me at Mom25dogs@gmail.com